In a view to take strict actions against errant private schools, the Delhi government launched a web portal on Thursday for parents to register their complaints against such institutes at a single platform.
People can register their complaints against private schools pertaining to fee hike and others issues at doepvt.delhi.gov.in, and within 15 days, grievances will be resolved by district education officers concerned, he added.
Views of Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia
- Launching the portal, he said that the link for the portal will also be available on the Directorate of education (DOE) website edudel.nic.in
- The government earlier received several complaints from people against private schools. They used to file complaints at different platforms including district, education offices, said Sisodia, who also holds the education portfolio
- “In this portal, parents can file their complaints through a single platform. The government will closely monitor the complaints and fix the responsibility of officers concerned if there is any delay on his or her part in resolving complaints,” he said
View of a senior official:
- “A list of all recognised unaided private schools with locality name has been made available. After registration of the complaint, the complainant will receive an SMS on their registered mobile number, having a unique grievance ID. The complaint will automatically be forwarded to deputy director education (district) concerned,” a senior official said
- She also said once the complaint is disposed of, the complainant will receive an SMS. The complainant can exercise the feedback option about the steps taken to resolve the grievance