Author: Loknath Das

It appears that games made in India may find their way to the Nintendo Switch. Multiple sources speaking to Gadgets 360 have said that Nintendo employees are in the country evaluating games from Indian studios for potential release on its platforms. This was confirmed by a Facebook post from Bengaluru-based Holy Cow Productions that was visited by Nintendo, whose staff are in the city for the Indian Gaming Show as well. Previously, indie developers such as Yacht Club Games — responsible for Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove have come out in admiration for Nintendo’s support for independent developers with ample promotion and advertising. Nintendo looking at…

Read More

The WhatsApp Business standalone app was announced by Facebook on Wednesday in an effort to make business communication with customers more streamlined for SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) on the popular messaging platform. A part of its WhatsApp for Business initiative that was first officially announced back in September last year and tested with businesses like BookMyShow and MakeMyTrip in India since, the new app for SMEs is now available to download via Google Play in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the UK, and the US. The WhatsApp Business app is free, and will be rolled out across the world in the coming weeks, which is when it can be expected…

Read More

Twitter in October had announced that it is developing a bookmarking feature to save tweets for later. The social media giant appears to be finally testing the new feature on Android smartphones. While the feature was called Save For Later earlier, the name was changed to Bookmarks in the following month. In November, the company said that it had started testing the feature. With the latest update, it is clear that Twitter has stayed with the name and the feature is aimed at helping Twitter users privately flag tweets for personal viewing at their convenience. A report from 9to5Google has revealed that the Bookmarks feature was spotted…

Read More

Google has awarded $112,500 (roughly Rs. 71,83,300) to a security researcher for exposing a security flaw in Google Pixel smartphones. Guang Gong, in August 2017 submitted an exploit chain through the Android Security Rewards (ASR) programme. It was the first working remote exploit chain since the search giant has expanded the ASR program. Gong was awarded $105,000 (roughly Rs.  67,04,40), which Google claims is the highest reward in the ASR programme’s history. Additionally, she was awarded $7,500 (roughly Rs. 4,78,900) under the Chrome Rewards program as well. The technical details of the exploit were revealed by Google on its Android Developer’s blog on Wednesday.…

Read More

HIGHLIGHTS Wushu Studios consists of developers on Driveclub and MotorStorm Its debut effort is not a racing game Instead, it’s based in the sci-fi genre Driveclub and MotorStorm have been two of Sony’s most influential racing franchises in recent memory, outside of Gran Turismo. The developers behind them have banded together to form a new game studio called Wushu Studios.  Some of its talent consists ofstudio founder Alan McDermott (former Evolution Studios, PlayStation), design director Nigel Kershaw (former Evolution Studios, PlayStation, Deep Silver, Revolution Software), and art director Stuart Trevor (former Evolution Studios, PlayStation). Surprisingly, Wushu Studios’ first effort will not be a racing…

Read More

Pacer Jasprit Bumrah gestures after a delivery in the second Test match against South Africa© BCCI Pacer Jasprit Bumrah feels that the second Test hangs in the balance despite South Africa taking a 118-run lead in the second innings with eight wickets in hand. “The game is still in balance if we get early wickets on Tuesday. The match can be in anybody’s favour. We will look to create pressure on Tuesday as well. I think the game is still in balance right now,” said Bumrah after stumps on day three. Bumrah bowled a sensational first spell and removed both Aiden Markram…

Read More

It was a good chance for Yuki Bhambri to improve his record at the Australian Open© AFP Yuki Bhambri struggled to rein in his unforced errors and played well only in patches as his third Australian Open appearance ended with a straight-set first-round defeat at the hands of a seasoned Marcos Baghdatis on Monday. The 25-year-old Indian qualifier ranked 122, had his chances against world number 103 Cypriot, but unforced errors cost him the match 6-7(4) 4-6 3-6 after two hours and nine minutes on court number eight. Bhambri is yet to win a round in the main draw of a…

Read More

On Ordinary Superstar, a track from her self-titled mini-album, Rina Sawayama imagines what it is like to be a famous vlogger, “so far removed from who you really are”. It is just one example of the way that the rising pop star, who has another track called Cyber Stockholm Syndrome, prods our perma-connected culture. True to her lyrics, when we meet for a morning coffee near her home in south London, she puts her phone into airplane mode straight away. “I’m very strict about that,” she says emphatically. “When I’m with someone, the phone is fucking off. There have been…

Read More

Once again, Mark Zuckerberg shook up the world last week when he announced Facebook will change its algorithm to promote more personal content rather than news. Soon after my inbox was flooded with headlines like: “Facebook Shares Fall”, “Facebook Is Changing” “Zuckerburg’s Net Worth Has Just Taken A 2.9 Billion Dollar Hit.” Since obsessing about Zuckerburg’s net worth has never yielded positive results for me, I instead called over our Social Media Strategist, Thomas Drew, to discuss the current social media environment. Our conclusion was this: What’s bad for businesses is good for Influencers. With new regulations on data (see GDPR) and less material…

Read More

 Canadian planemaker Bombardier is ready to finance 80 percent of Iran’s order to buy 10 commercial aircrafts, Financial Tribune daily reported on Tuesday. Bombardier has obtained the license from the U.S. Treasury’s Office for Foreign Assets Control to sell 10 brand-new CRJ-900 NextGen regional jets to Iran and is ready to finance 80 percent of the order, the CEO and Chairman of Qeshm Investment and Development Company told the daily. “The remaining 20 percent would be funded by Iran’s Qeshm Free Area,” Reza Baqerinejad said without providing further details about the total value of the contract. The planemaker has submitted…

Read More