In order to help civil services aspirants in preparation, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday has announced to set up a world class centre for imparting civil services coaching in the state.
All the candidates from weaker sections in Bathinda, Punjab will get free coaching, he said at the fifth national seminar to commemorate 125th birth anniversary of Ambedkar in Bathinda.
More details about the centre:
- The state government would take care of the whole expenditure of this centre which is proposed to be set up in Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University
- Further, Parkash Singh Badal expressed hope that the coaching centre would ensure more participation of weaker and underprivileged sections of the society
- Also, Bathinda city has today emerged as a hub of education in the entire northern region
- The state government has given top priority towards the development and prosperity of the people in the state
While speaking about the Indian society, Parkash Singh Badal said, “All of us should make dedicated efforts for carving out an egalitarian society rising above the petty considerations of caste, colour and creed.”
Moreover, he also mentioned that following the ideology of Ambedkar, the government has set up praiseworthy schools for imparting quality education to poor but bright students.
Other announcements made by the minister:
- Not only this, chief minister has also announced a scholarship of Rs five lakh for every student who is pursuing his Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) on life and philosophy of Dr Ambedkar.
- Ambedkar was well educated and had more than 50,000 books in his personal library, minister said
While emphasizing more on the schools opened for the unprivileged, minister said the aim was to tap enormous potential of students who despite belonging to economically weaker strata of society were excellent in their studies.