The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras postponed the ongoing campus placements to December 8, following the death of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa. IIT Madras has also cancelled classes for the next three days.
Views of IIT Madras cell advisor Manu Santhanam
- IIT Madras cell advisor Manu Santhanam said that the placements have been re-scheduled to December 8
- “Ever since the news of Jayalalithaa suffering a cardiac arrest broke, firms were apprehensive to travel to the campus. There was confusion and they were calling us to find whether travelling to the campus is safe or not,” Santhanam said
More on the report:
- From December 1, the campus placements started and around 400 students have already got the job. This year, Microsoft and Oracle have made the highest offers
- After the death of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the state government has also declared seven days of mourning and three days holiday for schools and colleges in Tamil Nadu
- All government buildings are directed to keep the national flag at half-mast, said Chief Secretary of state P Rama Mohana Rao.